Sunday 1 January 2012

WIPocalypse

Happy New Year!

I'm not usually one to make resolutions but I do have a few goals for this year:

1. Try to lose 7kg more before my wedding in September
2. Spend more quality time stitching
3. To try and engage with people more and be more of a "joiner" than a spectator and hopefully make a few friends

To help with goal number 3, I decided to join the WIPocalypse organised by Measi's blog.  It's taken some time but I think I've finally come up with a list that is shown on the side of the page.  There may be some changes made through the year so it may be subject to change. 

My 2 current WIP's, Henry and his 6 wives and my mermaid will be high on the list to get completed.  As well as the WIPocalypse, I have signed up for the HAED SAL and chose the SK Blue Moon to stitch so that and the TT Violet Sometimes will also feature heavily.  I think I'll set up a sewing rotation so that I can work on them fairly equally then as and when I get them finished I can replace them with one of the other projects on the list.  I'm looking forward to taking progress pictures and seeing other people's progress as well.

I've not actually stitched a HAED chart before so I may well be biting off more than I can chew, but I done as much preparation as possible.  I've test stitched a small amount, fully gridded the fabric, got all the threads sorted and different colour highlighters ready to mark off the chart as well.  As soon as I get my stuff sorted in my new sewing area (which should hopefully be tomorrow) then I'll make a start!

I know a lot of people stop working on small cross stitch projects once they start working on HAED's but I don't think I'll be like that as there are loads of smaller projects that I love and dearly want to stitch.

I have a feeling that 2012 might actually be a good year for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you have the time.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.