My first International Hermit and Stitch Weekend was a bit of a flop. In fact I must be the only person with a negative stitch count!
I have to mention that this week I've switched one of my medications and it's left me quite emotional and slightly manic as well as a number of other side effects!
I was planning to stitch on my Blue Moon Story Keep in line with the weekly HAED BB SAL. I decided on Friday that I wasn't happy with the DMC satin thread I'd used in place of the Kreinik 032, so thought I'd replace it with the new white Kreinik Mori silk thread I bought recently. Did a bit of test stitching and liked it so thought great, I'll just unpick the DMC Satin. I've not stitched on 25 count before and I had not realised how tough it would be to unpick the stitches, not only did it take forever, but a load of the nearby stitches also had to be removed as they had come loose. By the time OH had come back from work I was in tears and ready to throw it in the bin. He managed to calm me down and stop me from throwing it away. In the end, I've only unpicked the parts on the moon and left the stitching on the lady as it is but I've lost track now of what stitches I've done (I highlight the stitches I've done on the chart).
All of this left me completely crushed with a major crisis of confidence and I've convinced myself that I'm just not good enough to stitch HAED charts. So this weekend I haven't stitched at all.
Last week as it was Valentine's day, I made a nice card for OH!
It's a free design by Sanman Originals that was sent out in their newsletter. It's the first one of their designs I've stitched and I have to say I loved it. Although you can't see it in the picture, the card has a lovely gold dust shimmer to it.
Hopefully soon I'll be back on track and have some more positive news and some progress pictures!