Sunday 27 January 2013

January WIPocalypse

Welcome to the first WIPocalypse post of 2013!  Just to introduce myself, I'm Angie and I love stitching a variety of things!  There's additional info on my "About Me" if you want to know more about me.  Let's get onto the stitching.....

This year I'm not setting any particular goals as such, just a rough plan as to what I want to work on and lets see how much I can get done.  I'll list them with pictures (I like lots of pictures :P) and current progress if there is any:

1. QS Mystic Garden - HAED 2013 SAL - I plan to complete this before the end of the year.

Mystic Garden
January



















2. QS Clara - Started this last year and I'm stitching the outline first so that I can colour it in.


September 2012



















3. The 3 Fates - Jasmine Becket-Griffith (HAED) - I haven't started this as yet, but I do plan to start it very soon.



4. A Rose For My Love - Zindy Nielsen (HAED) - Started last year but I haven't stitched very much of it, can't wait to get stuck in properly.

August 2012


















5. Celtic Fairy - Joan Elliott - Started last year and would love to make more progress on it.  She got pushed to one side due to other stitching commitments but hopefully she'll get some love this year.

June 2012



















6. Lickle Ted birth sampler - Started for the birth of my cousin's baby, who arrived just before Christmas.  Although I haven't set a firm completion date for this, I would very much like to have it done for his 1st birthday.



















7. Dog Lessons For People - Lizzie*Kate - Stitching for 4 hours per week as a SAL with some friends of mine.  The general plan is to stitch this on Sunday afternoons so I'm hoping that this grows steadily.



This list may well change over the year, but this the general plan.  I've decided not to use a rotation and just go with the flow and see what happens.  I'm trying not to have (m)any new starts but they do have a habit of ambushing you so who knows :P

19 comments:

  1. You have some lovely projects, can't wait to see your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects. Can't wait to see your Joan Elliott finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wips! I'm especially fond of the Joan Elliott. Best of luck on making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see The Three Fates! I've been flip-flopping on purchasing this forever and I'd love to see someone's progress! Maybe it will push me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I can't wait to see your progress on everything!

    ~McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Mystic Garden, I am going to start the larger pattern (Peacock Garden) that this comes from as soon as I finish my SSP. I'm looking forward to watching your progress on this one.

    Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog a became a follower. Love all the pieces your working on. I have started both the Cat and Dog Lessons for People. Love Lizzie Kate designs.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects, I'm looking forward to see progress on all of them! You are doing an awesome job with Mystic Garden. I'm in the same SAL and after seeing all the confetti - I'm not brave enough to start stitching. Now after seeing your progress I know it's doable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful picture and it's not too bad once you make a start. It is very slow going but it's great seeing it all come together. That's the great thing about a SAL, you help each other when the going gets a bit rough, but you can do it, don't let that page intimidate you :P Just take it a stitch at a time and you can do it!

      Delete
  10. Thank you very much for all you lovely comments, I look forward to seeing your blogs and watching your progress through the year too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello

    Just found your blog and become a follower.
    Such a lot of beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meg! I look forward to seeing your blog and your lovely creations!

      Delete
  12. Lots of pretty projects you have on your plate. I hope you get lots of stitching done this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Angie amazing wips!!

    I'm loving your work on mystic garden. It was my second choice (I just couldn't say no to theatre of the absurd) so I'm glad I get to see mystic come to.life on your blog.

    Beautiful projects you've got going too. Looks like an amazing year ahead for you. Can't wait to see more stunner. Happy stitching Xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Angie great WIPs... good luck, cant wait to see them completed must be very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful projects that you have on your hands! :)
    hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you have the time.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.