Monday 21 April 2014

IHSW - April 2014 & a Finish!

I hope you've all had a wonderful Easter weekend, whether it's something you celebrate or not.  I used it as an opportunity to get some extra stitching in as it also happened to be International Hermit and Stitch Weekend too!

I decided to work on The Three Fates.

Before:



After:



It's not that easy to see as it's still on the QSnaps but there is some progress!

I also managed to get Celtic Fairy finished as well, I did hope that she'd be done soon and I pushed through and got her done!

Wide shot
Close - up
















Apologies for the slightly crumpled picture as I haven't pressed her yet.  Whilst I love the fabric, I think I made a bit of a bad choice as you can't see the moon clearly behind her.  I still like it though and it is a bit clearer in person as the sparkles help.

She was stitched on 28ct Jazlyn in Dawn Blush from Crafty Kitten Fabrics using DMC threads and the chart was designed by Joan Elliott and featured in CrossStitcher Magazine Issue 227 (July 2010).

Now to look through everyone else's posts!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching, and congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Miamina. Nice progress on Three Fates.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress, and congrats on the finish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celtic Fairy is lovely, the moon looks clearer on the close-up in my Reader! Maybe a silver backstitch might help?

    I wish there was an easier way to capture sparkles in a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great progress on both projects, I'm excited to see more of the "fates"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you've had a great IHSW.
    Congratulations on finishing Celtic Fairy. She looks stunning and I love all the colours in her dress. Looking forward to all your updates on JBG Fates. Such a great chart too.
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful progress on both WIPs. You definitely had a productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you have the time.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.